Thursday, June 22, 2006

Revelations at Midnight...

The battery on the cordless phone in my house lasts approximately 5 hours, before giving up the ghost completely.

What? You were expecting something profound? *looks at previous posts* Ok.. I suppose that isn't *ENTIRELY* an unacceptable expectation given the previous posts. But nope, that was it. Zarhah and I talked from nearly the time she got off work till my phone just gave up the ghost at 11:45pm. Which looking back on it, was likely a "Very Good Thing(tm)", considering that I had to get up at 6am to go to work this morning. (Once again, my ride was leaving EARLY.. He's no happier about it than I am).

Other revelations. Sometimes just being on the phone, even when you're not really talking about much, is a close and lovely comfort. Most of the time she and I were on the phone, I was in the living room, playing Oblivion, and we were just idly chit-chatting back and forth (oh yeah, and I was swearing vehemently at the stupid hunters in 'Caught in the Hunt' that wouldn't leave me the *?$!!@#! alone!). It was a very companionable way to spend the evening. As she put it 'It was sweet, we were just both doin' our own thing, and yet we were right there, talkin' about nothin' in particular, with bursts of topic'.

And I think in the end, thats a very important facet of a functioning relationship. The ability to be together in companionable quiet, just doing those things you've always done, without the need of constant conversation, and yet still communicating. *smiles* The more I think back on it, the more I can honestly say it was one of the nicest evenings I've had in awhile.

Oh.. and Zarhah darlin'. I confirmed with Eric this morning. He was, as I suspected, just being a complete butthead.

Incidentally folks, my roommate has described me as 'Think of me, only shorter and with hair', to his wife. And ya know.. The sad thing is.. She still had me move in! And now she starts shaking her head when we start having a 'Very Unique Moment'. Such as randomly spouting off with 'M-nuh M-nuh' from the Muppets.. Or the Time Warp.. Or arguing whether 24 deviled eggs=12 whole eggs, or 24 whole eggs. (My answer is 24 deviled eggs = 12 whole eggs.. He says thats only 12 devil.... Oh nevermind...) And whether you measure puppies from tip of nose to tip of tail, or to the bottom of their paws. Don't ask, Erics nuts, and so am I.

So anyway, I'm a little better rested, and a little brighter and cheerier this early in the morning than I usually am today. Oh.. And somebody ask Zarhah how telling her mother that she found someone went.. I was highly amused. (And remember, the correct answers are 'Yes I like Red Dwarf' and 'Yes I like Opera' if you ever meet her mom... Ya know.. I'm just sayin')

Anyway, its off to work now.. Yippee Ki-yay! *blerk*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*grins* *amused*

-the girl who fell asleep on the phone Sat night herself so has no room to talk

Anonymous said...

PS i still agree with you about the eggs!

Brandon said...

*laughs amusedly*
True enough that!

And of course you do! 24 deviled eggs OBVIOUSLY = 12 whole.. I mean DUH.

Anonymous said...

"Mhnah Mhnah" is possibly one of the coolest songs ever written.

*grin*