Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Long Dark teatime of the soul...

Otherwise known as one hour lunches at a desk job, where you don't have your own desk yet. Though there's something to be said for sitting in the lunch area, and watching the play of people around you. I got quite a good laugh out of the gaggle of asian ladies sitting at a table near mine. I don't catch most of what they're saying, primarily because, as usual, I have my nose in a book. But one exchange catches my ear:

"Where'd you meet him?"
"Online"
*series of gasps, one lady wags her finger at the first*

*blinks a little* I find it somehow amusing that people think that meeting someone at a store, or in the course of your job, or.. *gasp* AT A BAR.. Is somehow better than meeting them online. Let me tell ya folks, bein' face to face ain't no insurance policy against lying, or deciet, or any of the other petty little things that end up hurting people so much. So why in gods name do you think they'd be any more honest face to face.. *shrugs* Catch up.. I mean really. This is the 21st Century (Mind you, I'm still waiting for my personal flying cars and house-maid robots), but other than that, society is changing, and it sounds like this ladies friends need to get on board.

Which.. Now that I think about it.. Is kinda ironic coming from an anachronist like myself.

Zarhah and I were talking about a Yurt my best friends parents own. And she mentioned how she had considered getting one. My thought was 'Yeah, but there's that whole 'no electricity' thing'. 'Why? You can run electricity into a Yurt'. Problem is, to my way of thinkin', thats like settin' up an adult book store in the Vatican. Its a *YURT* for gods sake! *shrugs* On the other hand... I don't know how well I'd cope without my computer...

After all.. I couldn't deprive you, my loyal readers, of my words of wisdom... Why.. God only knows what would become of you if I did that. ;)

And on that note, the lunch time is over, and I must go back to 'learning' *cough cough* again.


Don't die.. Thats an order.

No comments: