Friday, June 16, 2006

Perfect Day

*settles into his chair quietly, a soft smile on his face*

Good morning readers, both present and future. Its early yet, so I've not got a great deal to say. But I wanted to share my awakening this morning. I fell asleep last night, listening to Forever, and awoke to it. And the day was beautiful. The sun had barely cleared the horizon, and already I knew there was nothing that could happen today to take away from the warm feeling I had deep in the darkest recesses of my heart.
It is amazing, when things just.. Become. And I lay there realizing how utterly my life has been shaken in the space of a week. No.. Not Shaken. Made whole. I lay marvelling in the vast dance that is life, and how gentle and soft its moving right now. Every day is like the sun on my face, even when the rain pours outside. And ahh, sweet gentle rain, every lovers favorite weather. What other weather is life making excuses for you to stay inside, curled into the arms of the one you love, with a book and tea, and soft music.
Everything is softened in the rain, the soft mist taking the hard edge off everything, and playing its own quiet music in the background, settling the nervous, the frantic, and just setting you at peace. And what a magical word that is, peace. We do not know how much we truly miss it, till our lives are filled with it. And my life has been filled with it to overflowing, it has touched those around me, and soothed pain. It has proven love, and spoke the language of it in the soft wordless whispers of lovers at dawn.
And then the light of my heart sends me a message, and the day only brightens, and the sense of peace only deepens. Laughter came with the morning, and just the joy of 'hearing' each others voice made the day that much better. And today, as she heads off to work, and spend the weekend camping with a friend. She leaves me this song.. And it sums up everything perfectly.

http://foxlaireinn.primalbeast.com/perfectday.wma

No comments: