Thursday, June 15, 2006

Let us be.

Give me life, give me the sun and moon and stars, the thundering storms and the gentle summer warmth. Give me the depths of winter, and the rebirth of spring. Give me love on quiet nights, and darkness in its peace. Give me the passing seasons, the turning of the world, and in each and every moment of it, give me you.

You in happiness and sorrow, you in joy and despair, you in peace, you in tumult. Give me your tears and laughter, your fears and desires, your hopes and dreams. Let me live in your glow, and bask you with my own. Let us together show the world what joy is. Let them love us, and despair that they'll never know anything so pure as that which we share.

Forever in the stars, in the seas, in the grasses of the field and the trees of the forests. Let music share our every moment, let the chorus of life be our own.

Let us be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have rarely seen anything as beautiful as this post. "Let us be." It is so simple. But while we struggle to make love last we get lost in the confusion. The love we share gets lost and it seems to whither and die. But the love we carry in our hearts is forever there waiting to be set free.

Thank you, my friend, for showing an old lady that life and love can be simple if we just let it "be."

Brandon said...

*bows gratiously* As always Grandma, it is my pleasure and my honor.