Thursday, June 22, 2006

Its a simply beautiful day.

So I'm coming home from work today, and it occurs to me that I'm in an incredibly... stable.. No.. *thinks* I'm just happy. A simple kind of happy. The kind where the sun shine seeps below your skin without making you uncomfortably hot, where the breeze is just the right temperature, and a simple drive is all it takes to bring a smile to your lips.

And it occurs to me, thinking through all this. That this is the first time I can remember being 'simply happy' in a very long time. And so I think to myself.. What caused this simple happiness? And the answer I find.. "You are content."

And thats the truth of it my friends.. I'm simply content. I've got a job I love, roommates I don't want to kill. And I spent a long night last night with my mate, just... Talking and being together, even with so many miles seperating us. Incredibly simple pleasures, and it has led to making all feel right with the world today. *chuckles* My trip north in a week might have something to do with it as well.

But no matter what, I'm simply happy today. Simply content.

And what could be better than that?

No comments: