Saturday, June 17, 2006

Into every life....

I had to do something tonight that was less than pleasant. Two weeks ago, I broke it off with someone. The reasons were complex, but lets just say that it wasn't a door I had intended to close. I had told them I couldn't see anyone else coming along anytime soon, and I certainly wasn't looking.

You want to hear the gods laugh? Tell them your plans.

As anyone who has been reading this Blog can see, someone else did, indeed, come along. Someone who has made me feel more than I have felt in more years than I can remember. And tonight. The other said she wanted to try again. She wanted to be us again. And I had to break her heart. It is easily one of the most unpleasant things I've ever had to do.
The worst part of it is, she was still a dear friend. And as anyone who has been through this knows, all too often, that gets sacrificed on the altar of relationships, if the two people involved aren't strong enough to maintain it. For her it simply wasn't an option. Having been there recently, what could I do but understand?
So the wheel keeps turning, and time moves on. And while I move into the next part of life, into being with the light of my heart. Another starts walking down a lonely road, until she can bring herself back up to find love again.

I hope she finds her wings soon. Everyone needs to fly.

No comments: