Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Pale Blue Eyes...

Good even fair gentles... I'm writing tonight, more because I want to get back in the habit, than out of any real comments to make. Also, I'm quite certain most of my readers have faded into the mist in my six month absence. I have discovered a song tonight that was left on my computer by my dear Niece. It struck a chord, and has been on continual replay since first I heard it. It is called 'Pale Blue Eyes' by an independent artist named Barzin. I cannot recommend this song enough.

For those of you who are smokers, this might make sense to you. This song made me nostalgic for the time when I smoked, and I wished for nothing more than to curl up in a candlelit room, with incense, this song, and a cigarette and just let it wash over me. I settled for an adult beverage in place of the cigarette. I needn't tell you it didn't quite do the job, but its less likely to give me cancer, so I suppose thats something.

I missed my appointment with my therapist this week due to snow killing the battery on our van. It amused me a little, usually its the snow itself stopping transportation as opposed to the temperature. And I had had a particularly bad few days previous, and had hoped to see him. Sometimes I don't know if its doing any good, and I realize I haven't been going long enough to really tell. But often I feel like the problems I have, I'm simply too aware of for therapy to help. I mean, I know what the problems are, don't I? Its just a matter of what to do about them.

Mostly, I just want to set them down and walk away... If only it were so simple.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I haven't a lot to say this evening, and most of what I did have to say was rehash. Just to get it out of the way, I'm doing much better after the bad few days last week. Not at peak, but doing better.

Sleep well friends, may the gentle wings of sleep carry you safe till morning, and peace be by you when you wake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see you writing again. I often wondered if you would, as it indeed has been sometime since you have.
Writing is helpful to purge the inner demons/thoughts from ones head at times. You have an interesting twist on your thoughts on counseling. Truly the only person to heal ones self is the self. This is by accepting life and forgiving..though it is much deeper than this mere simple sentence...and yet it is not. Humans are far more complex than they need to be, but then its our society that has made our emotional interworkings that way.
I would love to go on further...and I shall....so until next time...Adieu