Thursday, August 07, 2008

Forever Young

Something about this video spoke to me today.

I was sitting at home today, listening to music while working, and flipping through that website... When I came to this site and saw little Andrew singing that song. And while looking at him, I saw something I longed for more than words can say.

I want to be young again, I know this is something a lot of people say, but I wonder, sometimes, if they catch the full scope of what they mean by that. For me it means being at peace with the world around me, because most of it just simply isn't my concern. There's that aspect of 'being taken care of' so you only have to worry about the little things, which are the big things to you because of the world you live in. But mostly, its being utterly unconcerned about everything else in the world but that which affects you directly, and not letting ANYTHING get you down for long, because the next minute is always a bright one.

But as an adult, we can't be taken care of like that, except for a very fortunate few of us. And really, even then, there's a much greater sense of peace and satisfaction in being able to take care of yourself, and having pretty much everything in hand. And I realize when I look around at the life that I have, that I'm almost where I want to be. Some of it is my own issues keeping me where I am, in this rut, and tangled up in everything I've learned through the years.

Its time to start unlearning....

Time to set aside the worries that don't matter, take care of the ones that do, and be sure to know the difference. To take care of the things that need taking care of, because life never feels so good as when all your proverbial shit is in order. When you can look around, and with a quiet sigh let go of the stress of 'needing to get things done', you know you can start doing what you want to.

Right now, I tend to live in the world of always having something to do, but avoiding getting it done by hiding in my hobbies and work. Lately I've been feeling like I just want to go to sleep. Its time to start getting them done, all of them, take care of things and leave the rest to lay.

I need to start finding my sense of satisfaction, and paying attention to it, and doing what I need to to seek that sense again. Because thats what the most important thing in life is, being satisfied with where you are, so you can start building to where you want to be. In satisfaction you find stillness, in stillness you find peace, and in peace you find the clarity to seek the future with eyes wide open and heart whole.

Lao Tzu once said.... "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."

A wise man that... Maybe its time to see if I can make my Universe Surrender.

No comments: