Thursday, October 19, 2006

Autumn Rains

Its rainy today, out here in the valley.  The mists clings to the ground like a blanket, cloaking everything in just a bit of magic and mystery.    Its been this way the last couple of days, each morning bringing either a blanket of fog, or the misty sheets of rain making the distant mountains fade into mere shadows.   In these times the valley is even more enclosing, more homelike.
 
Its on days like these that I am loathe to leave the valley, to head out to the more 'civilized' areas of the world.  Out into Mount Vernon, and Burlington.  Even Sedro Woolley is too close to the clash and clamour of the outside world on days like these.   Deep in the valley, days like these are silent, every sound muffled.  Even the crow of the roosters in the yard sound like distant.
 
On days like these, the world is far away.   And while I'm at work, surrounding by the harsh glare of florescent lights, the music of today that clashes so hard against the place my heart lives, I'm still a little more at peace inside.  I know that tonight, the mists will remain, and the silent green of the valley awaits me.
 
Home is the place your soul rests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me wish I was there too.

*teleports*

- Mud